Combining detailed domain knowledge with proven maintenance capabilities, Direction offer multiple engagement models to provide cost effective end-to-end solutions for your applications, Maintaining and supporting the Central buying system and multiple interfaces sending data across the buying Process. Migration & Re-engineering of Legacy systems, applications and databases with Automated Testing of One Stop Shopping .
Central Buying System
Maintaining and supporting the Central system for buying Processes.
Maintaining about 60 Client Applications for:
- Item establishment, Ordering system, Inventory Management
- Management Information system
About 339 Batch Programs fo:r
- Data load between the systems
Some of the systems modules involved:
- Item establishment or data creation system
- Module in which Enquiries and Purchase Orders are created
- After Purchase Orders are created they are amended or cancelled in Stubs
- System where post implementation item amendments are made
- System where item information and statistics can be viewed
- Reporting tools used to generate various reports with multiple export options
- A forecasting module where recommended buys and forecast surplus are calculated
- A tool to be used by the disposals department in the selection and processing of Disposal leaflets
Maintaining and supporting the multiple interfaces sending data to / fro across the buying Process.
These Interfaces basically ensure synchronization and consistency of data. Most of the interfaces were using their own data format to send/receive the data between the application and Group companies.
339 interfaces, 34 connected systems and companies
- A daily average of 1,20,000 records (in peak over 1 Million)
- Has over 2800 User
- Contains over 5 TB of operational data
- Contains over 80 Million of orderable item-options