Sourcing System - Block / Sample Orders, E-Catalogue, Order Processing, Inspection, Commission, Claims, Commissions (including royalty settlements) and Shipments. Order placement, Order Processing, Rebuying, Media Production and Forecast
B2B Order Processing
B2B Order Processing is a centric and integral part of an integrated B2B system that handles the orders and requests to procure goods from suppliers
To maintain exchange of business data between the Client / External buyer and supplier customers.
The business data consists of purchase-order, order-request and order-change information.
- Client / External buyers place orders and send their data from PURSUIT into B2B system
- Using B2B Order processing system, Client / External suppliers can see their specific orders by logging in
- Order processing system is interacting with various external systems like ALLEGRO, EDI, and HOI system by sending specific categorized orders to respective end
- Orderprocessing system ensures to maintain safety and integrity of customer data following different authorization systems and enterprise technical support
- All authorized customers are able to update status of an order by doing actions like 'confirm /cancel/split/reject/download print' process
- Orderprocessing system sends mail notification to all buyers/suppliers with new incoming orders data or updated status information
B2B - Inspection, Claims and Commissions
The offices (across multiple geographical areas worldwide) function as an agents for the buying house. They take care of Inspections and Claims on behalf of suppliers. Offices earn commission for services that they provide for the client company.
The office OC inspector performs multiple inline inspection during the manufacturing process and final inspection takes place once the production is completed. When goods arrive in the clients warehouse, the warehouse QC re-inspects the goods and faulty items are then booked for claims.
Based on the performance of the supplier and quality of goods delivered, the office receives a commission at rates that are pre-defined at the start of the season – the process of commission calculation is done in the commission module.
Direction has delivered systems that integrates to numerous other platforms and allow interaction between clients with agencies worldwide.
Handles the claims related to defects, reworks etc.
Claims Manager is an application that supports Client/Supplier claims. It manages the claim lifecycle and allows to identify the type of faults, reworking type and costs, and claim invoicing. It interacts with Warehouses, Clients and Reworking companies.
Claims Manager and interfaces - The Claims Manager serves the processing of complaints found in the goods inspection due to identified deficiencies.
The B2B Claim application serves the processing of complaints that are documented in the goods inspection due to identified deficiencies. It is a daily working platform for the Warehouse, Client and the Office users. The processing of a claim first takes place through the goods inspection in the warehouses and then through the quality assurance in the purchasing department of the client. There it is decided how the complaint will be dealt with (possible scenarios are storage, return of goods, post processing) and how the resulting costs are charged.
The cost statement from a complaint via B2B claims is recorded and passed on to accounting systems and billing via interfaces to consuming systems. Internal and external post-processing companies also record their costs via the B2B claim, whereby the release of these costs is made subsequently via the storage locations (department: post-processing).
Royalty Settlement System (LAS)
Handles the royalty settlements between Client and brands.
The license accounting system helps the Business department team to manage royalty payments to the brands. We have helped our client to add better user work flows to suit the newer business requirements. The application uses some of the latest technologies to interface with other application.
The Client can produce many articles with own brands, but also with third-party brands. For third-party brands or licensed styles of designers etc., license fees must be charged to the respective licensor of the brand/style as a credit. The amount of the royalties is dependent on the item sold with this brand or is calculated per sold part.
As a rule, the billing takes place twice a year after the expired season. The credit memo for the licensor is calculated on the basis of the turnover of the articles with the respective licensed trademark, a corresponding document and a detailed report is generated and the credit memo in the context of the normal billing processes with the Licensor Charged.
In LAS, the data required for a license settlement is manually stored or automatically imported and managed. These include in particular
- Master Data of licensors
- Master data of the license agreements between Otto and the licensors
- Articles in which a licensor holds trademark rights
- Transactions made with articles that are subject to licensing
If a license settlement or advance payment is due on an anticipated license amount, LAS calculates the license amount using the billing rules defined in the license agreement and the corresponding sales data and generates the associated documents (License Statement, detailed license statement as PDF and CSV).
After authorization of the payout amount, the billing documents are automatically sent by mail to the email address of the licensor stored in LAS and the payment is initiated in SAP.
- An important part of the application is the versioning of the data records, which are viewable by users for each record
- In addition, an overview of current and past job is displayed and the users are reminded by the LAS of due license statements and advance payments
- Furthermore, the LAS allows the generation of different reports, e.g. the average license rates or in the system existing articles
E-Catalogue for Order placement by Group companies within the ottogroup
Sourcing System - Block / Sample Orders, E-Catalogue, Order Processing, Inspection, Commission, Claims, Commissions (including royalty settlements) and Shipments. Order placement, Order Processing, Rebuying, Media Production and Forecast.
Direction has extensive expertise in providing solutions over the entire supply chain:
- Supply Chain Strategy
- Supply Chain Planning
- Supply Chain Enterprise Application
- Asset Management
- Product Lifecycle Management
Some of the solutions provided were as below:
- User Management - It helps admin to create/maintain the user principal and roles
- Business Partner / Supplier Management / Publications / Price Factors
Product Design and Development:
- Product Data management and Order Management (logo, photos, transalations, text)
- Asset Management (logo, photos, prints)
- Sample Tracking
- Catalog tool - It helps to get best external partner for complete catalog cycle, (cover page, internal pages, printing and transportation)
- Catalog Directory - It helps user to search/create/maintain the catalog information
- A web tool for image data and order management
- Forecast - Catalogue Ranking - catalogue ranking tool
- Forecast - Trend
- Media Production - Catalogue controlling tool
- Promotion Prices - It helps users can promote the style, articles and sizes and also there user can able to update the prices for same
- Promotion Planning and Simulation
- Quanitity Planning
- Order Management
- Label Generator - It helps Supplier to generate care Labels for style/articles with minimal inputs like style no, article no and size range
- Product Analysis tool
- Internal Warehouse Orders (when user wants to take goods out of warehouse they creates an order)
- Warehouse Tool - It helps warehouse user to see the style/article information
- Invoicing - It used to store the information about Non-European suppliers invoice information