We all have heard the phrase, “Data is the new oil”. However, it is essential to organize data efficiently to enable businesses to gain valuable insights from it. It is possible with the help of business intelligence. People have a misconception that Business Intelligence is a very complex process. However, with the right set of Business Intelligence tools, businesses can organize, interpret, and present data through easy to understand and interactive reports and dashboards.
When it comes to business intelligence tools, Microsoft’s Power Business Intelligence platform is the leading name in the industry. Microsoft is declared by Gartner 2021 Magic Quadrant for Analytics and Business Intelligence platforms, as the leader in this category. Let us look at the factors that make it a leader in this space.
Power BI Benefits
- Power BI is a cloud-based platform. Hence, it is available and accessible 24*7*365 days
- Since it is cloud-based, the users can access their data on any device and from anywhere. It is advantageous for a business with a distributed workforce spread across different locations. It is also beneficial for companies with a multi-location presence
- It is capable of gather business-wide data, thus preventing the creation of data silos within different departments. It helps in improving communication and collaboration across various departments within the business
- It is easy to use for non-technical users and requires no specialized technical support
- A user can create data dashboards and visualizations in minutes. It is possible in just a few clicks
- Power BI provides real-time analytics. It helps stakeholders get updated information and helps them in making timely decisions
- It also has the capabilities to help users gather insights quickly from both structured and unstructured data, including text and images
- Power BI implementation requires a minimal capital expenditure on infrastructure as it is not a legacy system
- It is a cost-effective platform that offers enterprise-grade BI and analytics capabilities to companies of all sizes
- It offers an effective natural language interface and intuitive graphic designer tools
- Power BI has strong integration capabilities with Office 365, Dynamics 365, Azure, and hundreds of other apps. It facilitates businesses in building end-to-end business solutions
- Power BI’s interface is similar to other Microsoft products. It prevents employees’ time and effort to learn a new platform, as they may be already using other products like Excel, Outlook, etc. and are familiar with the interface and functionalities
- Power BI provides the best-in-class mobile-friendly user experience
- As a business, you can build applications and automate workflows with ease by combining Power BI with Power Apps and Power Automate. It can help them automate multiple routine tasks. It will help them in increasing the efficiency and boosting the productivity of the employee
- Microsoft has a team of experts that handles the security and maintenance of the Power BI tool. It consists of industry-leading data security capabilities including, sensitivity labelling, end-to-end encryption, and real-time access monitoring
- Microsoft provides weekly and monthly updates about Power BI to all its users. These include a compilation of ideas shared by a strong community of half a million users worldwide. They provide tips to overcome specific challenges, share their experiences while using the tool, and contribute ways to improve Power BI features and capabilities
As a business, data driven decision-making can help you immensely and it is imperative to have a great tool like Power BI to help you in this endeavour. If you have any queries or want to know if Power BI is the right fit for your business, connect with us at Direction Software. You can get in touch with our Power BI Experts and schedule a demo with them.
Direction Software is a multicultural Information Technology Solutions and Business consulting company with Indo-German Management, headquartered in Mumbai, India. We offer E-Business consulting, Back Office Support, Bespoke solutions on .Net, Java & open source platforms, Business Intelligence and Mobility Solutions. We are one of the first Microsoft partners in India, associated with Navision since 2000 and are a Microsoft Gold Partner since 2002.
About the author:
Chirag Thakkar – Sr. Digital Marketing Consultant
At Direction Software LLP, Chirag works with the Marketing Team to enhance the Digital Marketing presence and Lead Generation.